From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ross Togashi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:15:14 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:10:53 -1000
From: Ross Togashi <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Map question <fwd>
Sender: Ross Togashi <[log in to unmask]>

Aloha Janice,

I don't have that particular physiographic map but do have
others by A.K. Lobeck and E. Raisz.  From examining these maps,
I notice that Lobeck often used single letter abbreviations
for cities and towns, with a small dot (or circle) to define
its location (ie, "oM" for Moscow).

Raisz used a "#" and single or double letter abbreviation for
cities and towns (ie, "#IC" for Iowa City)

I wonder if this is what you are seeing?

Mele Kalikimaka,

Ross Togashi                          mmm....Spam Hot and Spicey
University of Hawai`i at Manoa
Hamilton Library - Map Collection

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Johnnie Sutherland wrote:

> [...]

--- End Forwarded Message ---