From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:29:49 -0500
Subject:        BLM maps through the depository system (for those of you using
MARCIVE for your records)
Date:   Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:18:16 -0700
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

I have a batch of maps from last October for which I have never received
Marcive records, long or short. It is 2007-06-TS, dated 9-26-07. We
often see quite a delay in the receiving of these records, but usually
the short record gets sent, and it is a long wait for the fully
cataloged records. But the smart barcodes and call number labels seem to
be associated with the short record, so we usually (with exceptions) get
them fairly quickly, and wait for the long records. If the long records
arrive and we never receive the barcodes, I can go ahead and insert item
records and attach our own barcodes. But no records of any type seems to
be unique to this shipment, and it has now been 8 months. Got any ideas,
oh helpful listfolks?

Debra McCracken
Library Technician I
Research and Information Assistant