From:
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:21:22 -0500
Subject: Hawaii: Photos of library flood
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:57:32 -0800
From: Julie Sweetkind-Singer <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hi all,

This came through from Mabel this morning on the WAML list.

The URL has been updated: http://www2.hawaii.edu/~smurata/flood/ .

Where would you even start?

Julie

>Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 16:57:26 -1000
>From: Mabel Suzuki <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [Waml] Photos of library flood
>

>   WAML folks,
>
>Here are photos of the devastation on the ground floor of the library.
>We are also experiencing power outages even in the "good" part of the
>library (the new addition).Our Preservation Dept.has a unit in the
>basement of the new building as well as the main treatment section on
>the 5th floor--so, in addition to working in all the mud and muck, we
>are constantly running up and down 6 floors in the dark. I'll write
>more tomorrow when I can get to a computer without a sticky space bar.
>
>http://library.kcc.hawaii.edu/main/flood/
>
>The photographer is Susan Murata,head of KapiolaniCommunity
>CollegeLibrary,and former head of UHM Library's circ dept.
>
>Mabel
>

>Mabel K. Suzuki
>Government Documents and Maps Dept.
>University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
>2550 McCarthy Mall
>Honolulu, HI 96822
>(808)956-2551  Fax(808)956-5968
>Email: [log in to unmask]

Julie Sweetkind-Singer
Head Librarian; GIS & Map Librarian
Branner Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections
397 Panama Mall, M/C 2211
Stanford University
Stanford, CA  94305
Phone:  650-725-1102