From:
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2011 08:19:05 -0500
Subject: Digital Historic Ordnance Survey Maps of London
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 16:52:24 -0700
From: Kathy Stroud <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Hello all,

I have a faculty member who wants us to subscribe to an online service
for historic Ordnance Survey maps of London. (These are at a very large
scale, some of them originally drawn at 1:1250 or 1:2500, that show
individual buildings and properties.)

Does anyone in the U.S. subscribe to such a service?  If so, I'd like
their opinion. I know that they are available through two online
services: Pro Map and Digimap. It looks like Digimaps is only for UK
academic institutions?

Any information you can share will be helpful.

Thanks,

--
Kathy Stroud
David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian