Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 14:31:32 EDT
Dear All,

Bartholomew (HarperCollins Cartographic) have now made the move
from our traditional home (of 169 years) in Edinburgh to the
HC site at Bishopbriggs in Glasgow. As a result mail should be
sent to:

Bartholomew - HarperCollins Cartographic,
Westerhill Road,
Bishopbriggs,
Glasgow, G64 2QT,
Scotland, Europe.

Fax letters should be sent to:

General: 44 (0)141 3144
Finance: 44 (0)141 306 3141
Editorial/Databases/Datasales: 44 (0)141 306 3130
Premium/Contracts: 44 (0)141 306 3104

Direct dialling to individual staff is now possible. All such numbers start
44 (0)141 306 and key extensions are:

Database Team - Tony Davidson: 3404
World Atlas Team - Dave Edwards: 3570
Special Project Team - Alastair Protheroe - 3328
Contract/Premium Team - Gavin James: 3396
Sheet Map Team - Alan Palfreyman: 3479
Development Team - Jim Irvine: 3305
Reprographic Services - Alec Coventry: 3210
World Information Team (& Library) - Ken Winch: 3671
Premium Sales (own label, etc) - Marion Bootland: 3155
Contract Work Sales/Coordination - Janet Christie: 3176
Stock Control/Business Products - Kate Rogers: 3661
Cartographic Manager - Duncan Robinson: 3578
Production Manager - Alistair McKnight: 3602
Data Sales Support - Tim Rideout: 3365
Business Manager - Stephen Wilson: 3666
Graphic Design - Paul Scullard: 3278
World Atlas Publisher - Moira Jones: 3545
World Travel/Europe Travel Maps Publisher - Donald Ralston: 3591
Cartographic & Site Director - Alex Elder: 3760

If you have queries about any of our products you are very welcome to
contact anyone you think is relevant. Ken Winch in the library is
a good starting point for general requests for information or
queries about historic products.

JOBS * JOBS * JOBS * JOBS * JOBS * JOBS * JOBS

Those in the UK may have noticed the adverts in last weeks
The Herald newspaper and in Monday 16ths Guardian. We
now have vacancies for:

1 Cartographers

Digital Mapping, desk-top publishing and reprographic work.
Relevant experience is essential.

2 Publishing Editors

Probably a graduate, this involves planning, designing and
implementing atlas and map projects. Several years experience
would be ideal.

3 Oracle/Unix/GIS Analysts

To develop and support our RDBMS and GIS. Must have experience
of Oracle and CASE and Unix, while Arc/Info would be an
advantage. While some GIS work will be involved these are more
systems and RDBMS positions.

Salary by negotiation and as relevant to experience and qualification,
company pension scheme and life assurance. A relocation package may
be available.

Applications to Mr Tristan Aitken, Personnel Officer, Harper Collins,
Westerhill Road, Bishopbriggs, Glasgow, G64 2QT, Scotland to be
there within 10 days from Oct 16th (i.e. 27th). Please provide
a CV and your current salary. Please quote reference GO1 and the
position of interest on the outside of the envelope.

INTERNET APPLICATIONS CAN NOT BE ACCEPTED!!!!

Some of you have already sent applications in response to my previous
intimation that these vacancies would occur and these have been
passed on to Mr Aitken.

To avoid a huge message I will stop there, but there is more
news to come so be warned!

Thank you for your time,

Tim Rideout
Bartholomew - HarperCollins Cartographic