From:
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 15:00:07 EST
2 messages.-------------Johnnie

>Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:09:44 -0500
>From: Pat Dunlavey <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: R-Wel Desktop Mapping System ?

At 03:26 PM 3/18/98 EST, Gary Hubbs wrote:
>Does anyone out there have any experience with or opinions of a
>photogrammetric mapping package called DMS (Desktop Mapping System) from a
>company called R-Wel  ?
>
>Any and all information would be welcome.

No experience here. My impression is that it does not seem to be geared
towards production work, but more as a teaching tool (it's put out by a
University of Georgia professor). I believe that the cost of the basic
program is around $5,000, but I could be wrong.

-- Pat Dunlavey

Gary Hubbs wrote:

> Does anyone out there have any experience with or opinions of a
> photogrammetric mapping package called DMS (Desktop Mapping System) from a
> company called R-Wel  ?
>
> Any and all information would be welcome.
>
> - Gary Hubbs ([log in to unmask])

R-Wel is Dr. Roy Welch's company. He is a Professor of Geography at the
University of Georgia and happened to be my major professor while I did
my Ph. D. work there. I have never used the software, but Roy is a
perfectionist and everything he did or I did with him had to be to the
highest standards. I would expect that of his software.

Kurt Dikkers