From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2012 07:52:44 -0500
Subject: RE: Polish maps, esp. Warsaw, 1863-1939
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:52:30 +0100
From: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship'
CC: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Mark Thomas (and fellow 'MAPS-L' subscribers),

For your "Slavic Studies librarian [who] is helping a professor . . . at
Duke" the link-within-posting below may be of interest. Although,
reading your email request, there seems to be a map desideratum
discrepancy between "Warsaw from 1863 to the present" and "the last half
of the nineteenth century" - and even the Subject header above!  FYI,
'ICHC2011' = [24th] International Conference on the History of
Cartography (Moscow, July 10-15, 2011); for further details of which,
see: http://www.ichc2011.ru/

"Dear Fellow Participant in ICHC2011

The Moscow presentation 'Topography of Terror: Maps of the Warsaw
Ghetto' I gave on Sunday, July 10, is now available online. Click on:
http://www.siger.org/warsawghettomaps/
If you find this site enlightening, please make a link and/or let it be
known to other map enthusiasts.

With greetings from Leiden/Holland
Harrie Teunissen"

(Mr) Francis Herbert Hon. FRGS (former Curator of Maps, Royal
Geographical Society with IBG)