From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:39:07 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:02:05 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Wilde Americk exhibit at Yale Center for British Art
Sender: [log in to unmask]

Dear mapsters,

Just a reminder, this exhibit, "Wilde Americk,"  with over one hundred
maps, atlases, prints, drawings and illustrated travel accounts,
documenting expanding awareness and understanding of the New World in the
European mind closes Dec 30.

There are two gallery talks on Saturday, Dec 1 at noon, and Thursday, Dec
13 at 11.
The Yale Center for British Art is a fabulous place, and so I can recommend
making your way there in any case.

I have yet to see the exhibit, but have heard good things, and plan to aim
for the Dec. 1 gallery talk, if I make the train!

Alice

Alice C. Hudson
Chief, Map Division
The Humanities and Social Sciences Library
The New York Public Library
5th Avenue & 42nd Street, Room 117
New York, NY 10018-2788

[log in to unmask]; 212-930-0589; fax 212-930-0027
--- End Forwarded Message ---