From:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2012 07:24:30 -0500
Subject:        Second call: MAGIRT/ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging of Cartographic
Resources Interest Group
Date:   Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:11:16 +0000
From:   Ratliff, Louise <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>, 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map
Librarianship' <[log in to unmask]>

Hello cartographic resource catalogerswho plan to attend ALA Annual in
Anaheim, CA.

We are looking for another MAGIRT member to take over as Chair of this
Interest Group after Annual in June. It's a lot of fun and not very
time-consuming, but you do need to be able to attend both the Midwinter
and Annual ALA conferences. If you might be interested, even a little
bit :-), send me an email. It's a great opportunity to meet some
wonderful "mappy" colleagues!

*Call for questions*.

*Please send me questions and topics for discussion at our upcoming
meeting in Anaheim.*

**

Some examples: What is the LC proposal for a form/genre heading for globes?

RDA cataloging training - are you doing some at your institution?

What have you found out recently in your cataloging of cartographic
materials using RDA?

MAGIRT/ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging of Cartographic Resources Interest Group

Sunday, June 24, 2012

8 - 9:45 am.

HYATT Royal Ballroom A

This meeting will be immediately followed by the MAGIRT Cataloging and
Classification Committee meeting.

See you in Anaheim!

Louise Ratliff

Chair

Louise Ratliff

Social Sciences and Map Catalog Librarian

UCLA Cataloging & Metadata Center

11020 Kinross Ave.

Box 957230

Los Angeles, CA 90095-7230