From:
Helen Kerfoot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 1994 12:02:18 EDT
I am following up the message from Irene Kumar to Mr. Winters ... (sorry I did
not see the original question!).  Basic locational information and a customized
location map for each of some 320,000 geographical names as authorized by the
Canadian Permanent Committee on Geographical Names can be found on our WWW
site, as mentioned (http://www-nais.ccm.emr.ca/cgndb/geonames.html)

Some PC and Mac users, although able to access our general descriptive
information, have had difficulty with actual name queries through Mosaic.  In
our office we have just recently had excellent results using Mosaic Netscape
0.9beta from .. ftp://lark.cc.ukans.edu/Netscape.   You might also find it
worthwhile to check this out.     Good luck!

If you have technical questions about access to the Canadian Geo Names data or
have requests for digital files you could contact:
Paul O'Blenes, CGNDB Technical Services
e-mail [log in to unmask]

Helen Kerfoot
Exec. Sec., CPCGN
650-615 Booth Street, Ottawa, K1Z 0E9, Canada
e-mail [log in to unmask]
fax: 613-943-8282

This message is from Irene Kumar.---------Johnnie

I am trying a second time to send this message on the server. I tried 2 days
ago but it was never delivered.

* Irene Kumar, Map Library                *
* Canadian Geoscience Information Centre  *
* Internet: [log in to unmask]        *
* Phone   : (613) 947-3326                *
* Fax     : (613) 954-1109                *