From:
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2012 08:36:08 -0500
Subject:        Maps used by U.S. in Mexican American War
Date:   Tue, 15 May 2012 18:24:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:   David Allen <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

I am trying to find out what maps the U.S. government (especially the
army) used in planning and executing operations in the Mexican American
War. The type of information I am looking for is what specific maps
military and civilian officials used, how they used them, and what they
thought of them. I am NOT interested in maps made after the war showing
military operations. This is a hard subject to get a handle on, but I am
hoping that some of you who are knowledgeable about the war can give me
some leads.

David Allen
Map Librarian ("Emeritus"--i.e. retired)
Stony Brook University