From:
Sue Haffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 10:31:26 EST
Is anyone else driven to distraction when trying
to extricate DMA depository maps from their mailing
tubes?  It always provides us with our daily exercise
--wrestling with the tubes, one person holding, the
other person trying to twist the maps out. We usually
have to resort to pulling the tube apart (no easy
task.  My clerk has just spent 20 minutes trying to
cut apart a tube to free two maps.)

Can someone describe how these items are packed for
mailing?  Surely it is done by some infernal machine.

Has anyone come up with any nifty means whereby these
tubes can be opened easily--without shedding blood?

Sue Haffner
Map Library, CSU Fresno