From:
Susan Brazer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maps-L: Discussion Forum for Maps, Air Photo, Map Librarianship, GIS, etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:58:59 -0400
Hi All - - I've been trying to follow the USGS and their surplus donations of copper plates, waiting for the 2nd release (the first release in our area was snatched up by all of the Federal folks in DC) but alas have had no luck.  The URL that I consistently find/have been directed to (ftp://ftpext.usgs.gov/pub/er/va/reston/Engravings/) only has an update back in July that I can see - and no word since then.  We've filled out our eligibility application and are poised and waiting......but I don't know **when** we're going to hear anything.  Has anyone else heard an update on this, or am I totally missing something?