From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:54:57 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:30:57 +0100
From: Bill Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: bay vs. sound <fwd>
Sender: Bill Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>

What about a "fjord", such as Limfjord in Denmark, which is a long, narrow
body of water dividing a mainland (Jutland) from an island (Vendsyssel), and
not an inlet of the sea or a sunken rivermouth, as a fjord is normally
described as. Another Danish fjord is Ringkjøbing Fjord which is actually a
"nerungen", although there is also a river delta involved.
It would be much more consequent if geomorphologists wrote the placenames -
but perhaps not so interesting.

  *   Bill Stevenson
  *   Incorporated Urban Planner
  *   Research Librarian/Map Librarian
  *   Aalborg University Library
  *   Postbox 8220
  *   DK-9220 AALBORG
  *   Denmark

  *       E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
  *       Telephone:  (+45) 9635 9384
  *       Telefax:       (+45) 9815 3844
  *       URL:    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2271

  We are drowning in information, while thirsting for wisdom
  This message was transmitted using information enriched recyclable
electrons

--- End Forwarded Message ---