From:
John Kawula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2016 12:11:08 -0900
I am trying to locate a printed or printable index sheet of all of the
Alaska 1:24,000 & 1:25,000 USGS quads.

We have retained the familiar printed indexes covering the whole
state. The Index to Topographic Maps of Alaska dated June 1, 1982
includes insets for the Prudhoe Bay area orthophoto maps 1:24,000,
Fairbanks area 1:24,000, and Anchorage area 1:25,000. These are what I
had in mind except that a lot of 25s came later than this in the
Juneau, Kenai and other areas.

The later booklet form of the index "Alaska: Index to Topographic and
Other Map Coverage" dated February 1988 lists the quadrangles
alphabetically on pages 102-103 but does not include a graphic
display.

Apparently we do not have any paper indexes between these two dates.
There may not have been any such ones issued. But I am hoping there
was and they would show the quads listed in the 1988 version.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks much.

John Kawula
Government Documents and Maps Librarian