From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 12:21:32 EDT
2 messages.---------------------------------Johnnie

    : Mon, 14 Aug 1995 16:35:02 -0700 (PDT)
    : Roger Wheate <[log in to unmask]>
       : Re: Digital Chart of World access software

The 'gentleman' referred to here (there are only cowboys in Calgary) is:

Frank Thirkettle, of Ph. D Associates. They have reformatted the DCW data
into ascii format with converters for
a. Idrisi
b. Autocad
c. Mapinfo

He can be reached at: [log in to unmask]

No doubt, he'd love to take your order! Last time I checked, it came on
floppies, not CD

Roger Wheate
UNBC/ ex calgarian !

On Mon, 14 Aug 1995, Charles Gilley wrote:

> Frank,
>
>   There is a gentleman in Canada somewhere (Calgary?) who has written
> code to translate DCW VPF data to an ASCII dump format.  These are
> available in CDROM format with a defined organizational structure.  He
> has purposely dropped vegetation and land use.  Cost was $159.00.
>
>   The FAX he sent me escapes me at the moment.  He also has some
> subroutine packages.  Now that I think about it, maybe he'll see this
> message.  If he does, he needs to email me information about the
> subroutines.
>
> --------------------------+------------------------------------------
> Charles Gilley            |   All comments are my own...
> Senior Software Engineer -|-
> AEL/Cross Systems         |   Cross Systems - We make your radar
> 404-475-3633              |   see double, triple, or more.

    : Tue, 15 Aug 95 00:04:45 EDT
       : Re: Digital Chart of World access software

I have a copy of vpftdump.c, a ~400 line program that dumps VPF tables into
ASCII, written by Christian Millour ([log in to unmask]), dated March 1993.
Freely available to anybody who sends me e-mail.

-- Karl --