From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:08:04 -0500
Subject: Report of the 'inquiry into ma-use and user habits in
Europe'1987-1988
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:32:35 +0100
From: "Jan Smits" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>,
<[log in to unmask]>,<[log in to unmask]>,
<[log in to unmask]>,<[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear Colleagues,

Find on http://www.kb.nl/infolev/liber/articles/smits6.html the Report
on the 'Inquiry into ma-use and user-habits in Europe', 1987-1988.

Though the inquiry is dated, some of the questions and conclusions are
still valid, I think. I should have done it earlier, but time was not on
my side. Especially the table, filling 1,500 cells with figures, took me
quite some time to produce. Still I hope you have fun with it.

With kind regards,

Jan Smits

Jan Smits
Koninklijke Bibliotheek, National Library of The Netherlands
P.O. Box 90.407
NL-2509 LK Den Haag
The Netherlands
tel: +31 70 3140241
fax: +31 70 3140450
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
E-mail: [log in to unmask] (when the above does not function)

Past-President Groupe des Cartothecaires de LIBER (GdC, European Map
Curators Group) 1998-2002
Chairman Working Group for Mapcuratorship, Dutch Cartographic Society
(NVK)
IFLA Representative for the ICA Spatial Data Standards Commission
Secretary Dutch Commision for Cataloguing & Indexing FOBID (Federation
of Organizations working in the Library-, Information-, and
Documentation-field)
WWW-maps: http://www.kb.nl/kb/skd/karto-en.html
WWW-GdC: http://www.kb.nl/infolev/liber/intro.htm
WWW-personal: http://www.kb.nl/persons/jan-smits/homepage.htm

Na matheis kai na matheis ap'tous spoudasmenous
(To learn and again to learn from those who know)