From:
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2013 14:43:20 -0500
Subject:        Map set or series?
Date:   Wed, 29 May 2013 19:13:10 +0000
From:   Skarich, Bojana <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Fellow Map Catalogers,

I have a number of maps with a collective title: Regional topographic
map of Namibia. They each have their own distinctive title, depending on
the region that is covered. They each have their own scale, and their
date of publication varies. We don’t have the complete set/series, so I
don’t know how many there are total (we have 6 sheets). Do you think I
have a map series or a set here? I am reading through Map Cataloging
Manual and Cartographic Materials and I am still confused as to which
one I have. I know it’s not a multi-sheet single map, but the
understanding stops there J

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to treat this collection?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Bojana

Bojana Skarich

Non-Print Catalog Librarian