From:
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:23:13 -0500
Subject:        Responses to Maps Plotter Policy
Date:   Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:43:36 -0700
From:   Carlos Diaz <[log in to unmask]>
To:     MAPS-L <[log in to unmask]>

I was asked by several folks to post responses that I got pertaining to
maps plotter policies.
I was also asked to provide information on the maps plotter we
purchased. This maps plotter allows us to print, scan, and copy. It also
comes with a USB port which can connect to your flash drive, laptop,
phone, etc.
--HP Designjet T2300 eMFP
http://www.hp.com/large/Designjet/en-us/ProductsOverview.html
More information about the T2300
http://h10088.www1.hp.com/cda/gap/display/main/index.jsp?zn=gap&cp=20000-13698-16013-15259-27253^323415_4041_100

<http://h10088.www1.hp.com/cda/gap/display/main/index.jsp?zn=gap&cp=20000-13698-16013-15259-27253^323415_4041_100>__
What made us realize this was the way to go was the fact that the new
USTOPO 2011 quadrangle maps would cost us $ 15.00/sheet to buy. WA State
has 1,456 topo. sheets which would have cost us
*$ 21,840.00* to purchase just our own state. Can you imagine the cost
for California, Texas, Florida, Ohio, etc.? Buying a plotter was a lot
cheaper way to go.
Please continue sending map plotter policies. We need as much input as
possible. In order for us to charge, we have to create a price list
which will need to be approved by the university's Board of Trustees.
Thank you for all the responses you have sent thus far.

I will be interested in the feedback you get about the plotter! We got
one this summer, and since it is up here in the Data/GIS office, we let
whoever comes in use it, which is usually one or two people every few
weeks... as long as it’s related to Data or GIS. I’m thinking that as
word gets around we might have to do some charging / rules, but for now
people really appreciate having somewhere to print out their maps.

Jasmine Hoover

University of Saskatchewan