From:
Phil Hoehn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1993 23:21:06 EDT
By all means separate them (or slice them up) into sections and encapsulate.
They are thus much better preserved and of a useable size.  Only in the
rarest of instances would I recommend reassembling a large rolled
map in it's assembled, rolled form.  Of course, if one of these maps is
presently in fairly good condition and is not in danger of being
damaged by heavy use or other reasons, I would at least temporarily leave it
as is.  -- Phil Hoehn, Univ. of California, Berkeley