From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:22:03 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:57:33 -0400
From: David Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: MAGERT New Orleans Field Trip
Sender: David Allen <[log in to unmask]>

     A message I sent out several weeks ago about the MAGERT New Orleans
programs was badly garbeled by the computer.  Perhaps for this reason I have
received very little response to my announcement concerning our field trip on
Tuesday.  Therefore I am repeating the message.

     We will be making a field trip on the afternoon of June 29 to the Matthew
Fontaine Maury Oceanographic Library at the Stennis Space Center.  The library
is located in Bay Saint Louis Mississippi, directly across Lake Ponchartrain
from New Orleans.  We will leave from the Prince Conti Hotel at 12 p.m., visit
the library, and have dinner at a nearby Cajun restaurant.  We will return to
New Orleans that evening.  There will be a $15 per person charge to help pay for
transportation.

     This library was visited by MAGERT several years ago, and the field trip
was very popular.  It should be an enjoyable, informative, and air-conditioned
experience.  Please let me know by e-mail as soon as possible if you plan to
join us.  I need a head count to make transportation arrangements.

     For additional information about MAGERT activities in New Orleans, see our
Web site at <http://www.sunysb.edu/libmap/magprogs.htm>

--- End Forwarded Message ---