From:
Jan Coyne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 1994 09:39:31 EST
Here is more information that came to me on a local University of Florida list
the day I got Johnny's list of warnings, in case you are interested.
                        Jan Coyne

Folks,

Although I think it is unwise to give out any credit card information
over the wire as requested in the original post, the iia.org *is* listed
at the Internic contrary to what is reported in the warning below..

The point of contact for the iia.org domain is Charleen Bochicchio
phone +1 202 387 5446 (Highland Park, NJ, not Washington D.C.!)
The query result fron the Internic is included below fyi.  Be CAREFUL
when conducting any business over the wire!  <phone, fax or Internet!>

-dave pokorney
--
Script started on Thu Jan  6 09:54:42 1994
name% nslookup

> set type=any
> iia.org
Server:  ufl.edu
Address:  128.227.128.24

Non-authoritative answer:
iia.org nameserver = MARY.IIA.ORG
iia.org nameserver = NS.UU.NET
MARY.IIA.ORG    inet address = 198.4.75.9
NS.UU.NET       inet address = 137.39.1.3
> exit
name% whois -h rs.internic.net iia.org
International Internet Association (IIA2-DOM)
   30 South First Avenue
   Highland Park, NJ 08904

   Domain Name: IIA.ORG

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Bochicchio, Charleen  (CB45)  [log in to unmask]
      +1 202 387 5445 (FAX) +1 202 387 5446

   Record last updated on 01-Dec-93.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   MARY.IIA.ORG                 198.4.75.9
   NS.UU.NET                    137.39.1.3

The InterNIC Registration Services Host ONLY contains Internet Information
(Networks, ASN's, Domains, and POC's).
Please use the whois server at nic.ddn.mil for MILNET Information.
name% exit
name%