From:
James Boxall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 16:58:30 EDT
The College of Geographic Sciences in Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia has had
students working on similar projects.  In particular, there was one
indexusing ArcView created for the Atlantic Neptune (series of Nautical
charts by Des Barres).

contact Andrew Paton at the College

Cheers
James

>Greetings!  A faculty member is working on a project to create a graphic
>index (using computer technology) for a set of maps from the early
>nineteenth century.  She would be grateful to hear from anyone who is aware
>of other work done on graphic indexes for older or present day mapping.  We
>are doing a literature search of course.  If  you would kindly respond to
>me, I will forward the messages to her.  Thanks in anticipation.
>Shirley Anne Harmer                             Phone: 613 - 545-6314
>Maps and Air Photos                             Fax:   613 - 545-2817
>Joseph S. Stauffer Library                      E-Mail:
>Queen's University                              [log in to unmask]
>Kingston, Ontario
>K7L 5C4

James Boxall (Map Curator)
Map Collection, Science Services
Killam Library, Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada    B3H 4M8
(t) 902-494-3757
(f) 902-494-2062
(e) [log in to unmask]

http://www.library.dal.ca/~science/mapcoll.html
"What in observation is loose and vague
is in information deceptive and treacherous"
Francis Bacon, 1621