From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Buelow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 17:05:33 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 19:08:53
From: John Buelow <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: OPAC interfaces for maps
Sender: John Buelow <[log in to unmask]>

Because the public catalog into which I'm filing map records didn't
previously contain any, it has no special features to help in finding them.
 I mean to give it some.  Can anyone point me in the direction of web or
telnet catalog screens which have successfully brought maps to the masses?
Feel free to brag about your own work.

I am particularly interested in enabling searches by date of situation,
truncatable 052 and 072, and certain among the messy selection of 007 and
008 codes.  Because our collection is quite specialized, I will probably be
able to provide help screens or popup menus giving nearly all the topical
and geographic cutters our readers need.

John Buelow
New York Historical Society

--- End Forwarded Message ---