From:
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:02:15 -0500
Subject:        new subject heading for Sanborn maps?
Date:   Tue, 9 Oct 2012 17:16:26 -0400
From:   Nancy Kandoian <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Greetings --

Can someone please tell me, has there been some recent change in subject
headings such that it is deemed more appropriate to use this topical
heading for Sanborn fire insurance maps:

Fire risk assessment $z [State] $z [City] $v Maps
rather than this heading:

Fire insurance $z [State] $z [City] $v Maps ?

It recently came to our attention that some records in OCLC have been
changed to reflect this.  Perhaps the change is related to the
introduction of the use of the genre/form heading "Fire insurance maps"
on Sanborn maps?  The few records with this change that I looked at were
most recently replaced about a year ago.

A little embarrassed that it took me so long to notice --

Nancy Kandoian
NYPL Map Div.