From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fred Schaff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:13:11 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 13:59:05 -0500
From: Fred Schaff <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Shropshire aerials? <fwd>
Sender: Fred Schaff <[log in to unmask]>

>Date:         Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:06:47 -0500
>Sender:       Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Shropshire aerials? <fwd>

>Sender: Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
>

>Does anyone know where I can get aerial photos of Shropshire, England,
>particularly the parkland around Lydbury North, near Bishop's Castle.There
>is a plantation of trees there, that spell out the word "Plassey", half a
>mile long on the hill above the old home of Clive of India (who won the
>battle of Plassey in Bengal). I have checked the 1:50k, 1:25k and 1:10k
>topos but it doesn't seem to appear on those.
>
>Brendan Whyte
>University of Melbourne
>--- End Forwarded Message ---

        <www.Terraserver.com> has Russian SPIN2 data of this region or very close
to it. However both Brendan Whyte and I have had the connection totally
hang-up our computers to the point where a TURN-OFF and COLD-RESTART of the
computer was required.

        Has anyone else had this problem with the European spacebased maps from
Terraserver?? And, if they have, has there been any solution found??

        In my case, I could ZERO-IN on the area in question at ground resolutions
in the range of 64-meters down to 3-meters but as I moved in various
directions by clicking on E/W/N/S/etc, after 2-3-4 or so trys, I would run
into the failure mechanism before actually getting to the exact spot desired.

Fred Schaff, Spring Grove, PA, USA,  <[log in to unmask]

"The Meek shall inherit the Earth. The Rest of Us will go to the Stars."
                John W. Campbell
                      and/or
The Meek shall inherit the Earth... but not the Mineral Rights.
                            ...J. Paul Getty
--- End Forwarded Message ---