From:
"P. Andrew Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 1996 17:09:11 EST
>          Has anyone ever mounted that large, wall sized, six sheet
>          map series of the world, DMA 1150XALL, on a wall?  If so,
>          what would you recommend for an adhesive and backing.  I've
>          heard that wheatpaste is used on a masonite or plywood
>          backing.  However, I have never had any experience with
>          wheatpaste, or if such goo really exists.
>
>          Thanks for any info.
>
>          - PML

Yes Paul, wheat paste really does exist.  I took a grad level course at the
School of Library and Information Science at UWO last year, and the
conservator there swore by it.  It is very easy to use, does little if any
damage to the item, and can be removed very easily.  Also, it sticks very
well.  You should have little difficulty using it.  As I was a visiting
student to the school, I really didn't get too involved there, so I have no
idea where you would find it...perhaps someone else can give a hand here?
Good luck...

P. Andrew Ray
Department of Geography
University of Western Ontario