From:
Linda R Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2015 10:08:34 -0600
Hello,

I have not seen this option mentioned for moving map cabinets, so I thought that I would chip in:

There are dollies that can slide under cabinets (including flat map cabinets) that can be used to jack up an entire stack:

http://handtrucks2go.com/Twin-Dolly-Trucks-for-Pianos-and-Appliances.html

If you have an elevator of sufficient size, these can be used to move an entire stack of cabinets (flat) all at once. You will have to slide the cabinets so that you can get to either side and slip the dollies under the cabinet. Run straps from one dolly to the other so that they stay in place once they are under the cabinet. Stepping on the lever on the dollies will jack the cabinet up a few inches so that it will roll. Note that these dollies have wheels that will swivel 360 degrees so it is easier to maneuver the cabinets.

If a library has elevators of sufficient size, I highly recommend these dollies, as they can be used to move one cabinet at a time. Linda Zellmer

--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian