Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 08:51:22 -0500
Subject:        Re: Chinese urban names in authority file
Date:   Tue, 04 Sep 2007 10:17:20 -0400
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Chris,

I'm not replying with any expertise in this matter, just an observation
that these distinctions should be maintained in my opinion. Perhaps the
parallel is what we deal with in the U.S. with Towns and Townships
versus cities; or in Germany with cities versus Kreis' and other various
administrative regions? Of the authority records you have seen who has
created them? If all or the majority of them were created by DLC then it
would probably be wise to inquire about the details with folks in LC
G&M. Just some thoughts on this....

Paige