From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:27:22 -0600
Subject:        Questions for IMLS-Grey Literature Project
Date:   Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:15:50 -0700
From:   Kollen, Chris <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

 Good Afternoon:

 The University of Arizona library is collecting information about
librarian's experience with grey/fugitive literature in their work.  By
grey literature we refer to any type of material that is not published
through traditional mainstream venues.  In particular we are interested
if there is interest in and experience with collecting and using this
kind of material from the web.

We appreciate your taking a few minutes to answer the following
questions.

      What difficulties/challenges do librarians experience now in
helping customers search for grey literature?

What is important about using grey literature in research?

What future issues will librarians have as the amount and variety of
grey literature on the web increases ?

 Thank you very much for taking the time to answer these questions.

Please respond directly to me at [log in to unmask]

Chris Kollen

Chris Kollen,  Geography, Planning and Psychology Librarian
University of Arizona Library
P.O. Box 210055
Tucson, AZ   85721-0055
(520) 621-4869