From:
Joel Kovarsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2016 07:38:54 -0400
I do not have a single precise answer, but doubt there is any way to
reverse this. The problems are not simply related to the effects of
light, and may also relate to coexistent heat, moisture and various
chemical constituents. Here is one general discussion from 2005:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/charters/fading.html . Here is a NEDCC
leaflet that has some general discussion:
https://www.nedcc.org/free-resources/preservation-leaflets/2.-the-environment/2.1-temperature,-relative-humidity,-light,-and-air-quality-basic-guidelines-for-preservation
.

Here is an older discussion of hypotheticals:
http://www.cool.conservation-us.org/byorg/abbey/ap/ap07/ap07-1/ap07-104.html
. The Getty has published a couple of related books on the subject:
http://www.getty.edu/conservation/publications_resources/books/historical_cons_paper.html
.

Perhaps someone with more direct experience in these sorts of
conservation efforts can make comments?

      Joel Kovarsky