From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:19:46 -0500
Subject:        cross-section of LA
Date:   Fri, 4 Jun 2010 15:49:25 -0500
From:   Nat Case <[log in to unmask]>
To:     maps-l <[log in to unmask]>

Dear map librarians:

A friend who works at a planners association asks:

    I'm on a quixotic search for a very specific sort of image, and I
    thought you might have an idea of where to look. What I'm after is
    essentially a cross section of downtown Los Angeles, showing
    structures both above and below ground-e.g., skyscrapers and
    highways at the top, sewers and subways below. We've tried our usual
    sources on this and come up supremely empty-handed. The city
    engineers didn't really have anything either.

    This might be unfindable and something we have to commission, but of
    course I'm hoping to avoid that . Any tips gratefully received.

I'll pass along any ideas you all might have. Thanks!

--

Nat Case, Head of Production
*HEDBERG MAPS, INC.*

http://www.hedbergmaps.com