From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 13:53:31 -0500
Subject:        Question about RLG conspectus
Date:   Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:24:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:   Julie Sweetkind-Singer <[log in to unmask]>
To:     geonet <[log in to unmask]>, Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map
Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, all,

Jane and I are updating our Collection Development policy for maps.  In
it we have the following section.

<snip>
Branner Library is a participant in the RLG Geoscience Cooperative
Collection Development and Reference Group.Primary collecting
responsibilities have been assigned for Rwanda and Burundi, and also for
economic geology, seismology, and structure in Argentina, Bolivia,
Brazil, Chile and Colombia.
<snip>

Does anyone know if this is still in place and are people following it?
Thanks.

Best,

Julie

***
Julie Sweetkind-Singer
Assistant Director of Geospatial, Cartographic and Scientific Data &
Services
Head Librarian, Branner Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections
Stanford University
397 Panama Mall; MC 2211
Stanford, CA 94305
(650)725-1102