From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:11:51 -0500
Subject:        Re: Economic analysis by using satellite images
Date:   Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:54:18 -0400
From:   Michael Holt <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We already know that "Economic analysis by using satellite images" is not a
> new thing. Calculating the next crop from a view of a field is the job of
> remote sensing analysts.
>
> But a person who is using the images like the one in the news of cnbc,
> needs to have a strong 6th sense. What is your idea?
>
> http://www.cnbc.com/id/38738810
>
> is there any other news or report on that title?

I did a quick search at the NASA site for the title:
http://tinyurl.com/2g9ntmy

This is the result of a search for "economic analysis satellite images:
http://tinyurl.com/2atjdgd

Or start here and choose your own search criteria:
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/search.jsp

NASA produces some surprising things, and there may be some tutorials
in the NASA offerings.  I've never explored this topic.

Michael Holt