From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:35:26 -0600
Subject:        Re: artists and Gov mapping
Date:   Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:30:55 -0600 (CST)
From:   Linda R Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum Maps <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

Holmes also did some of the art in the Hayden Surveys as well. In addition, William Henry Jackson was the photographer for the Hayden surveys. I believe he went into Yellowstone and also some other areas with Hayden (Mount of the Holy Cross picture may have been done as part of the Hayden Survey). I am not sure if any of the Jackson photographs were incorporated into Hayden's reports however (Geological & Geographical Survey of the Territories). Linda Zellmer

--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian