From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fred Schaff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:59:08 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:25:18 -0400
From: Fred Schaff <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Archiving Digital Photographs via Computer
Sender: Fred Schaff <[log in to unmask]>

Folks,

        Some of you have been aware of my concerns about obtaining a new printer
for my computer where a foremost objective is to get the "BEST" reasonably
available printer with not only initial reproductive quality but, also very
important, the longivity of the finished product.

        This concern is based on my photography interests, both that from the
output of my new digital camera and, also, using my computer and associated
software to review and sometimes modify and print various former products
from years of film photography.

        While this is a semi-advertisement for a particular product, the
information on the new printer series from Epson, models 870, 875DC and
1270, seems such a great step forward in both initial quality at moderate
prices but, extremely important, an ink/paper combination that equals best
quality professional color/B&W printing in resolution/brillance/longivity,
that I feel justified in posting this E-mail.

        Below is an assortment of information from a person who just purchased the
top-of-the-line Sony camera, the FD-95, with 2.1megapixel resolution. He
purchased an Epson printer at the same time, (as his older model Epson died
on him), and the data he presents includes personal opinions, some Epson
data and some independent, (independent organization but the results were
posted by Epson), evaluations of other printer/inks/paper.

        The results are so significantly different that all those taking either
film or digital images for printing and keeping should be aware of the
information herein.

Fred Schaff, Spring Grove, PA, USA <[log in to unmask]>
        LAWS OF DISCUSSION
1: In total agreement, there is no net communication possible.
2: In total disagreement, there is no net communication possible.
        JOHN W. CAMPBELL
--- End Forwarded Message ---