From:
Ross Togashi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1993 17:39:34 EST
Greetings,

Can someone provide me ordering information regarding the new 1:1,000,000
topographic maps of China that are being published in China.  A patron would
like to order a set and would also like to know the total # of sheets and
areas now available.

Also, I just received the catalog "Defense Mapping Agency - public sales
topographic maps and publications, Sept. 1993, 1st ed.", by the USGS.  I
don't see the DMA series 1301 (International Map of the World [IMW]) listed
in this catalog.  We have in our collection a few of these sheets covering
parts of China that were done in the late 1970's, and I realize that the IMW
series is in a sort of limbo, but can anybody verify this and whether sheets
of this series for China can still be purchased?  If still buyable, from who?
I've ordered a few IMW sheets in years past of various places in the world
from GeoCenter, Stuttgart, but am looking for another source that may be
closer and more speedy.  The patron knows about ONC's, TPC's, and DCW, but
any other help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks!

Aloha,
Ross Togashi
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Hamilton Library Map Collection