From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:50:16 -0600
Subject:        OCLC QC TIP: List of new MARC fields for RDA records - with
updated LINKS
Date:   Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:28:43 -0500
From:   Goodson,Luanne <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Q) Where can I find a list of all the new MARC tags that have been
designated for use in RDA records, such as 33Xs, 264, etc?

A) Probably, the simplest place is on the MARC Standards website:
http://www.loc.gov/marc/RDAinMARC.html.  All the fields listed, plus
much more, have been implemented during our OCLC-MARC Updates for 2009,
2010, 2011, and 2012.  Moreover, we are currently working on our
OCLC-MARC Update for 2013, which will implement MARC Update No. 15.

There will be more as time goes by, but we always announce MARC Updates
and the Technical Bulletins that cover them:
https://www.oclc.org/support/worldwide/en_us/documentation/technicalbulletins.html.

MARC Standards has a convenient MARC Format Overview
http://www.loc.gov/marc/status.html that gives links to all the updates
for all the formats and code lists on one page.

Finally, OCLC keeps all things RDA-related on our RDA Resources page
http://www.oclc.org/en-US/rda/about.html  including many free training
opportunities from various sources.

More questions? please email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>