From:
Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2016 07:31:27 +0000
Hi all,

We have discovered a pile of WW2-era photomaps of Hawaii in our drawers, apparently most (or all?) covering parts of Oahu.
There's no series title, but they are all labelled along the lines of:

no. 1 Kahana Bay area
scale 1:10,000
date Jan. 1940.
reproduced by the Department Engineer. Map reproduction plant. Fort Shafter.

The numbers and areas covered include:
nos. 1-2 Kahana Bay area
nos.1-7 Kahuku
nos. 1-3 Kailua
nos.1-3 Kaneohe
nos.1-2 Koko Head
Makua  [no number, so much be a 1-sheet title]
Mahaka  [no number, so much be a 1-sheet title]
nos.1-4 Waimanalo.

Can anyone point me to a series record for this lot (or have you all catalogued them individually only?) and is there an index for them someone can scan or point me to?

Thanks!

Brendan

Dr Brendan
Whyte

Assistant Curator of Maps

National Library of Australia

Parkes Place

Parkes

ACT 2600

AUSTRALIA

Ph: +61 2 6262 1192

Fax: +61 2 6262 1653

http://www.nla.gov.au/map/index.html

“Sed ego qui scripsi hanc historiam aut uerius fabulam
quibusdam fidem in hac historia aut fabula non accommodo. Quaedam enim ibi sunt
praestrigia demonum, quaedam autem figmenta poetica, quaedam similia uero,
quaedam non, quaedam ad delectationem stultorum.” – Colophon to Táin Bó Cúalnge
in the Book of Leinster