From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:00:52 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:52:23 -0000
From: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Genoese 1457 Map of the World <fwd>
Sender: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>

The appointed US distributor for Wychwood Editions (who produce color
facsimiles of 'antique' maps only) last year was Interarts (Barbara
Petersen) or GeoSystems, possibly now MapQuest of Mountville PA; but I don't
personally know whether the Wychwood Editions stock is continued by the
latter.  Even worse (is this possible?) I seem to recollect, when talking
with Peter Whitfield (who is Wychwood Editions) last year, that the Genoese
1457 world map was o/p.   A call to Stanfords in London ought to confirm
this.  I am assuming that Ross T. and/or his patron have contact details
(e-mail, etc.) at hand; otherwise I would recommend a check of the IMTA
'Members Directory 1999-2000'.

Sincerely
Francis Herbert (Curator of Maps, RGS-IBG; IMTA Member)
http://www.rgs.org

--- End Forwarded Message ---