From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:45:26 -0500
Subject:         Howard Veregin New State Cartographer!
Date:   Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:41:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:   Donna G Genzmer <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

    Hi All,

    Please join me in welcoming Howard Veregin to Science Hall as the
    new State Cartographer!  Just before I left town, Howard accepted
    our offer, and will be joining us as of September 1.  He received
    his PhD from UC - Santa Barbara, and held a faculty position in
    cartography at the University of Minnesota before joining Rand
    McNally in 2000, where he was director of their GIS division.  He is
    excited to be back in an academic setting, and the State Cartography
    Office will benefit greatly from his years and diversity of experience.

    Additionally, please do thank Jim Knox in particular for his many,
    many hours chairing the search committee that resulted in this
    hire.  We had a great slate of short-listed candidates, and Jim
    spent the better portion of the summer working to ensure a
    successful outcome for this search.

    Bob

    ********
    Robert J. Kaiser