From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:24:44 -0500
Subject:        Journal of Maps: August 2008 Issue
Date:   Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:56:24 -0500
From:   Doug Behm <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>,

From: Mike J Smith [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 2:23 PM

The Journal of Maps is pleased to announce the publication of its summer
issue, with the table of contents copied below and available at:

http://www.journalofmaps.com/about.php?helpfile=smartyAbstracts.html

The journal has formally moved to publishing 3 issues a year in April,
August, December, with special issues published additionally where
appropriate. 2008 will be another busy year as we continue to increase
international interest in the journal. In addition to the December
issue, we are looking to publish at least one further special issue.

Avelar, S. (2008) Visualizing public transport networks: an experiment
in Zurich, Journal of Maps, v2008, 134-150.

Hall, O., Duit, A. and Caballero, L.N.C. (2008) World Poverty,
Environmental Vulnerability and Population at Risk for Natural Hazards,
Journal of Maps, v2008, 151-160.

Levine, N.S. and Kaufman, C.C. (2008) Land Use, Erosion, and Habitat
Mapping on an Atlantic Barrier Island, Sullivan's Island, South
Carolina, Journal of Maps, v2008, 161-174.

Glasser, N.F. and Jansson, K.N. (2008) The Glacial Map of southern South
America, Journal of Maps, v2008, 175-196.

--
Dr Mike J Smith
Editor-in-Chief: Journal of Maps

School of Geography, Geology and the Environment
Centre for Earth and Environmental Science Research
Kingston University London
Penrhyn Road
Kingston-upon-Thames
Surrey