From:
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:08:03 -0400
Subject: map library seeking donations of unwanted/discarded maps
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:06:34 -0400
From: Dave Broer <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hello,

I manage a map library service which serves as a lending place of maps
and atlases to smaller libraries which do not possess such a collection
for their patrons.  We are always on the search for donations to our
library to add to our collection.  I'm wondering if any subscribers have
any unwanted/discard maps (of any type) that they may be willing to
donate to our library.  We are willing to pay for the shipping of the
maps or picking them up in-person.  We currently visit several larger
map libraries and browse through their discard maps for any that we do
not currently possess and I'm wondering how many other libraries might
also have discard maps available.

We currently have a collection of about 30,000 maps as well as 400
atlases dating from the 1800s.  Our member libraries can borrow any of
these items for their patrons.  This allows smaller libraries which
would not have the financial or space resources to have a large map
collection available to their patrons.  If you'd like to learn more
about us, please visit http://www.broermaps.org/

We are a non-profit organization and appreciate any and all map
donations.  You can learn more about map donations at
http://www.broermaps.org/helpus.html

Thanks for your time and help!

Dave Broer