Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:29:27 -0600
Subject:        FW: WWI/Great War: Western Front trench mapping on DVD
Date:   Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:19:17 -0000
From:   Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

A few days ago the producers alerted David McNeill and myself that there
would soon be available a DVD of World War One/'The Great War' Western
Front 1:10 000-scale trench mapping.  From a preliminary e-mail notice -

*"LinesMan*, offering a digital archive of geo-referenced Great War
mapping in 1:10,000 scale, is almost complete and the DVD package will
be available for purchase within the next few weeks  . . . This product
is unlike any other trench map viewer and we believe this to be the
first commercial application of historical data to a satellite
navigation system.  LinesMan is also the most comprehensive archive of
750 trench maps of the Great War of 1914-1918 for France and Belgium and
will include GPS, PDA interface, and trench vector overlays.  As well as
these features, LinesMan (in conjunction with Memory-Map companion DVD)
will provide IGN maps, modern day aerial photography, and stunning 3D views.

 For more information . . . visit our website at www.greatwardigital.com
<http://www.greatwardigital.com/> where you will find . . . information
on PDA devices and examples of the maps/3D images/aerial views that will
be included in the DVD package.  Although LinesMan is not yet available
for purchase online, we will be pleased to notify you when we have a
confirmed launch date and purchase price for this exciting new product."

Francis Herbert