From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:57:02 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:48:22 -0500
From: Jim Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: stuck map drawers

Mapsters,

Our map collection was moved a few weeks ago by a professional library
moving company, and each Hamilton unit and drawer were put  back in the
same configuration they were in before.  Yet we have discovered that 11 map
drawers are stuck closed, another won't close, and many more are hard to
open or close.   I'm baffled.  Have any of you who have experienced moved
had this same predicament?    My first thought is to remove the drawers
above and below a stuck drawer so we could hopefully see what the problem
is.   Would that be something the movers are responsible for or should my
staff and I try to work on it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Jim

Jim Coombs