From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:44:02 -0500
Subject:        Call for authors: Issues in Science and Technology
Librarianship webliographies
Date:   Wed, 5 Aug 2009 09:19:00 -0400
From:   Fosmire, Michael J. <[log in to unmask]>

Good morning everyone (and apologies for cross-posting).

Are you an expert in a particular subject area, or just want to become
one? Share your knowledge of the best places on the internet to find
information on that topic. We provide the option for peer-reviewal or
board-approval of webliographies, for those that need/desire peer review
of their publications.

A list of past topics is available at: www.istl.org/webliographies.html
<http://www.istl.org/webliographies.html>; Instructions for authors at:
http://www.istl.org/webformat.html

If you have an interest in a specific topic, let me know, and we can see
whether it’s a good fit for ISTL. I am always willing to talk about any
idea and work it into something appropriate for a webliography.

If you are looking for ideas about what to write about, the following is
an illustrative, non-exhaustive list of possibilities:

Nanotechnology (or subdivisions thereof)

Science Education

Food Safety

Genetically Modified Organisms

Paleontology

Geology

Geospatial Information

E-Science

Membrane Science….

We are interested in both general topics and specialized subject areas,
and since ISTL is open access, you get maximum visibility and impact by
publishing with us.

I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Fosmire

Associate Professor of Library Science

Head, Physical Science, Engineering, and Technology Division

Purdue University Libraries - PHYS

504 West State Street

West Lafayette, IN 47907-2058

765-494-2859