From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2013 14:04:58 -0500
Subject:        Geographic name NACO question
Date:   Thu, 5 Sep 2013 18:54:55 +0000
From:   Meier, Tachtorn <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

I would like to ask experienced NACO catalogers for suggestions .

I am working on establishing place name “Lupíon”. Wikipedia said “Lupíon
is a municipality in the province of Jaen, Spain.”  Geonet’s result
lists only Andalucía as its jurisdiction. The Getty’s result lists both
Jaen and Andalucía.

I have no luck locating any instructions whether to use the larger
jurisdiction (Andalucía)  or immediate jurisdiction (Jaen) as qualifier.
If I use Geonet as the main source, the AAP would be *151  Lupíon
(Andalucía, Spain)*. And if I also use the Getty as secondary source,
would I be allowed to make variant *451 Lupíon (Jaen, Spain)*? Or AAP
should be *151 Lupíon (Jaen, Spain)*?

Thank you very much!

Tachtorn