From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:44:50 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:33:35 -0600
From: Nat Case <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: coordinates for  colleges and universities <fwd>
Sender: Nat Case <[log in to unmask]>

>From: mike furlough <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I'm looking for a file listing coordinates for colleges and
>universities in the US, or a point coverage of same.  Has anyone
>ever seen one? GNIS allows us to search for  "schools" but does not
>differentiate post-secondary institutions.
>
>Thanks,
>
>mike

When we compiled data for our US Colleges and Universities Reference
Map, we ended up working from geocoded 5-digit zip codes from US Dept
of Ed data. The Bureau of Education Statistices maintains very
thorough database of higher ed.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like help

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc
800-933-6277
--- End Forwarded Message ---