From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 08:05:08 -0600
Subject: RE: Filling in another hole in the maps
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 07:20:35 +0000
From: Roger Wheate <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

On a similar topic, students have drawn my attention to a blacked out
strip on both Google maps and Google Earth covering ~ 30 x 5 km running
east-west across the Alaska- Yukon border at 62.18N, 141.16W. This area
is not blacked out on downloadable images from the Landsat archive. Does
anyone know the background story behind this 'hole'?

Roger Wheate
GIS coordinator, UNBC