From:
David Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1993 17:01:07 EDT
We have had a couple of recurring problems with MapExpert printing on our
HP 500C printer and I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing
anything similar. First, when printing a page in "portrait" we have various
black lines running through, over, and under various words in the legend.
Second, we sometimes receive the following message on the screen:

     "MAPS1 caused a general protection fault in module <unknown>
      3FBF:8E2CaaMAPS1 will close."

AND, it does close! That fault seems to disconnect any further messages to the
printer and it soon disengages itself leaving our user with a "half-page" map
which is usually NOT what they wanted.

I also remember someone from DeLorme on the list not long ago and I wonder if
he/she might be able to respond to this if there have been other occurences.
If not, could we have a defective copy (probably not) or doing something
wrong (probably).

David A. Cobb
Harvard Map Collection